Can my mom sponsor my brothers?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my mom sponsor my brothers?

My mom, brothers and I entered the US 15 years ago with a visa waiver program from Argentina. I am now 24 and becoming a US citizen in 3 weeks. I will be sponsoring my mom to adjust status and I wanted to know if she can sponsor my brothers, ages 16, 20, and 21, when she becomes a permanent resident since we did enter under the VWP? They are all in the U.S.

Asked on March 18, 2016 under Immigration Law, Florida


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Yes, she will be able to do that but really the older siblings will not be able to benefit from it becauase of their age and will have to wait for some type of immigration relief.  The youngest one will be able to adjust status, most likely, if the process does not take too long.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption