Can my boss legally tell me that a decision that I made was asinine?

UPDATED: Aug 10, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 10, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my boss legally tell me that a decision that I made was asinine?

I upheld what I believe to be company policy, and my boss told me that my actions were asinine.

Asked on August 10, 2011 New Jersey


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

What you seem to want to know is if you have a case for wrongful termination due to a hostile work environment. Actually this kind of environment is one in which a boss or co-worker (either by words and/or actions) creates an environment that is counter to your being productive in the reasonable performance of your job duties. However, typically these behaviors must be discriminatory in nature and not just a result of rude or unprofessional behavior.

Based on the you that limited facts that you have presented, your work situation does not seem to rise to the level of a hostile work environment. Accordingly, your treatment while obnoxious and boorish, does not appear to be legally actionable.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption