Can I sue Wall Associates?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue Wall Associates?

I recently hired Wall Associates to help me with a tax
issue. The Sales person initially convince me that they
could help resolve my issue in less than 6 months after
paying a lot of money to the firm for 2 years they were not
able to resolve my tax issue. Eventually i hired a local tax
person who was able to get an arrangement for me. Later I
did find out from the BBB that so many customers were
duped by the firm as well. The state sued the firm after
contacting me for information but I’m not sure what is going
on or what happened to the case. Can I or group of
customers that I have been duped by Wall Associates sue
the firm to recover some or all money paid or it would be a
waste of money and time? If so how do I or we go after the

Asked on July 14, 2018 under Business Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You could sue them for fraud, if they lied to you about what they could do or would do, or about their resources or expertise. You could sue them for breach of contract if they agreed in writing to do certain things (e.g. resolve the issue within a certain time frame) and failed to do so. You could potentially sue for the return of what you paid and for any additional fees, fines, or interests you ended up owing the IRS due to their delay. If the amount is less than the limit for small claims, it would likely make sense to sue in small claims as your own attorney ("pro se"), since the cost of a lawyer would substantially eat into and possibly exceed what you would recover. If the amount is greater than the small claims limit, consult with an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption