Can I sue the hospital for breaking my teeth while I was under general anesthesia?

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue the hospital for breaking my teeth while I was under general anesthesia?

I have a tubal ligation with an ablation done. Upon waking up from the surgery they told me I lost 1 on my teeth and the other one is going to fall out at any moment. My mouth was full of blood and they had to clean me off. They offered no answers at the time.

Asked on April 4, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Michigan


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need to seek consultation from an attorney in your area as soon as you can.  It should be free.  It does indeed sound as if something went awry but that needs to be determined.  Medical malpractice cases can be some of the hardest to litigate.  Good luck.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption