Can I sue my insurance company

UPDATED: May 9, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 9, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue my insurance company

I was in a car accident in 2012 caused by a medical condition. I didn’t receive
any money from my car accident they just paid the other people involved medical
bills. I have 150,000 for liability and 150,000 for collision for myself as well
as the others if a accident occurs. Why couldn’t I have receive money as well. I
had over 100,000 in medical bills.

Asked on May 9, 2019 under Insurance Law, North Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Your insurance company did not compensate you because you were at fault in the accident.  Your insurance company only pays the claims of the individuals who were not at fault in the auto accident.  You would not have any case for suing your insurance company.
It is advisable to file bankruptcy because of the medical bills.  Chapter 7 bankruptcy is straight liquidation which will eliminate the medical bills.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption