Can I sue a realtor if I’m oversold a piece of land?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue a realtor if I’m oversold a piece of land?

I was offered ‘two lots for the price of one’ in Eustis, Florida. New Link Destination
tal I paid was $14900. I found out after the closing, as a matter of fact today, on, the lots appear as

Asked on September 23, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, there is no legal claim or lawsuit for overpaying. The law does not guaranty you a good or even fair price, especially for real estate (where is no standard pricing; the price is whatever the buyer agrees to pay). You chose to pay $14,900; you could have negotiated a lower price or refused to buy the lots if you thought they were not worth what was being asked for them. Having chosen to buy them at that price, you have no recourse or claim if you later decide you overpaid.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption