Can I sue a company for harrassment if they call me at least twice day and I have received over 600 calls?

UPDATED: May 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue a company for harrassment if they call me at least twice day and I have received over 600 calls?

This is a mortgage company. I filed a FCC complaint but now they called from new number. When told I was on the “Do Not Call List “they said that they didn’t have to follow it. I have asked 10 managers to be removed from list and it doesn’t happen. They only call cause I’m a vet with a VA loan.

Asked on May 18, 2012 under General Practice, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are continually being pestered by a company with respect to hundreds and hundreds of telephone calls that you do not want, you should hire an attorney that does consumer law to write a cease and desist letter demanding no further contact with respect to you.

If the calls continue to happen, you might consider filing a petition for a restaining order given the fact the the FCC complaint seems to have not assisted you in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption