can I sue

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can I sue

a company has used my face on jobing .com but, the company is on ripoff and is ruining my chances on receiving a job before I graduate college. It is a deflamation of character, I need to take action as quickly and as quietly as possible how can this take effect

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Business Law, Florida


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm sure that there is quite a bit more information, that you haven't (quite properly) included in your question.  For reliable advice, you need to have a lawyer take a look at all the facts.  One place that you can look for a qualified attorney near you is our website,

In most cases, a lawsuit isn't the first thing to try, because it usually takes much too long.  There are procedures to get what is usually called a temporary injunction, a court order that gives some protection shortly after the case is filed, but it's not often granted and it's usually expensive to ask for.  Your lawyer will probably start with a nasty letter -- and a lawyer's nasty letter is likely to be better than yours for two reasons:  one is that a lawyer knows what is more likely to hit home, and the other is that a lawyer is more likely to be taken seriously, on your behalf.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption