Can I remove a ticket thats a year old?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I remove a ticket thats a year old?

Well, I got 2 tickets for speeding and failing to yield for emergency vehicle
more than a year ago. And I paid and got my license suspended for 3 months
in order to get ride of the speeding one. However, the failing to yield still
remains. And I want to know if there anyway I can get rid of it like taking
defensive driving class. Please help Thank you

Asked on October 16, 2016 under General Practice, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You have a couple of different options....just depending on what the municipal prosecutor is willing to do.  Some will dismiss it since you have already pled to the speeding component.  After it's dismissed, you can potentially get the ticket expunged.
You can also try to bargain for a dismissal in exchange for a defensive driving class or some type of community service.  Most prosecutors will opt for the defensive driving. 
It really is just a matter of showing up and talking to the prosecutor.  If you are not comfortable doing that on your own, then considering retaining a ticket attorney to go with you and help you make your plea for a better plea option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption