What can be done about a threatening and harrassing roommate?

UPDATED: Apr 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can be done about a threatening and harrassing roommate?

I am a first semester college student and I have a roommate who has been stealing my clothes. I found some of my stuff in her suitcase so I filed a police report against her. She called me threatening to kill me and break my hands; she said she would kick my a$$. She also posted stuff like I’m a whore and a thief (she used my full name). Can I press charges and, if so, what would happen to her?

Asked on April 8, 2012 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


DRichard White / MoKan Personal Injury Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Considering you have already filed a complaint against her you should contact the police and have them update the complaint with the new information. You should print out the misrepresentations posted on facebook and have them added to the report. If she has used your full name on Facebook you should consult an attorney with respect to a civil suit for slander and deformation of character.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption