Can I have my 18 year old daughter legally removed from my home?

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I have my 18 year old daughter legally removed from my home?

My 18 year old daughter and 1 year old grandson live with me. She is abusive to me destroys my property and pretty much does whatever she wants on my dime. She pays for nothing. I put up with it for my grandson. But I am at my wits end. I am giving her month to get it together. After that I want to kick her out. She will not do so willingly. What can I do to have her removed?

Asked on April 18, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your situation.  You are going to have to have her evicted along with your grandson.  Please seek legal help with all of this.  Serving her is key.  And yo need to discuss the issue of your grandson.  Courts do not like it when little children have no were to go and could possibly be put on to public assistance.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption