can I get reimbursement for leaking water heater, leaking dishwasher broken garage door 2 weeks after settlement?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can I get reimbursement for leaking water heater, leaking dishwasher broken garage door 2 weeks after settlement?

We settled on a home In Pennsylvania on 18 July 2019. We didn’t realize the water heater was leaking, the dishwasher leaks the garage door is broken. Is the seller responsible for disclosing these defects can they be responsible to fix these issues?

Asked on August 12, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The seller must disclose them if he was aware of them--or if the circumstances and facts show that he reasonably (that is, logically) must have been aware of them (that is, any seller in his situation would have known of them). A failure to disclose known conditions, or conditions of which the seller should have known, is fraud, and would let you sue for compenation, such as repair costs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption