How can I get out of a DUI?

UPDATED: May 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get out of a DUI?

I got into a car accident and drove away. When the police got to my house I was drinking and told them that I drank a half bottle of whiskey. I was taken for blood and am being charged with DUI.

Asked on May 29, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The only way to "get out" of a DUI charge is to either have the case dismissed prior to trial, or obtain a not guilty verdict at trial. Typically with a DUI, the blood tests will reveal your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) at the time of your arrest. If it was .08 or higher, you will be charged with DUI. Also the statements you made to the officer that you were drinking a half bottle of whiskey will be admissible against you in court. Because a DUI is a very serious offense, I recommend you speak to a Criminal Defense Attorney in your area to seek your available defenses and challenges to the BAC report and police report.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption