CanI get my charges lowered by snitching?

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

CanI get my charges lowered by snitching?

Ii was caught trying to buy weed. I am being charged with: 1) attempting to buy narcotics; and 2) using electronics to buy narcotics. What are the chances that I can get a slap on the wrist if I snitch?

Asked on November 9, 2010 under Criminal Law, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

So what you want here it to "cut a deal" by "flipping" on the source of the drugs?  This is something that you need to discuss with your attorney on the matter.  Prosecutors makes deals all the time BUT the type and form of the deal changes depending on the facts of each case.  It will, I am sure, depend on how large scale an operation it is that you bought from.  It will also depend on the type of information that you have to offer.  If they already have a ton on the operation then your information may not add anything to the case they are trying to build.  Speak with your lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption