Can I get early release from probation in Mississippi if I violate and go to work out of state somewhere else?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get early release from probation in Mississippi if I violate and go to work out of state somewhere else?

I left Mississippi and took a job in another state while I’m probation
have not reported this month and have not called my probation officer.
I left to make me and my children a better life. I had to get away
from the people and the things that I was doing and people I was
hanging around in Mississippi. What is going to happen and what legal
grounds do I have at this point?

Asked on August 15, 2018 under Criminal Law, Mississippi


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You need to call your lawyer NOW.  What you did was a violation of your probation and you could have your probation revoked and be thrown in jail for the original charges.  You could have applied for a change in probation to another state had you gone before the judge once you have everything set up - job, place to live, new probation officer - but I think that you may have blown that now.  Get legal help NOW.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption