Can i get a restraining order on my wife when we are seperating because of fights

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can i get a restraining order on my wife when we are seperating because of fights

My wife and I are seperating. She lives at home with our two chidren and I had to take off work to take care of kids because she is on drugs and has not been home in 7 days she is wanting to come back home and is threating me if i dont let her saying horrible things, i dont want her here because she is violent and dont want the kids subjected to that. Can i put a restraining order on her?

Asked on March 4, 2018 under Family Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can fine for an Order of Protection for you AND the children.  That would prevent her from coming around the house, their school (if applcable) and your work.  I would get a lawyer involved asap but you can file for a temporary order on your own.  Here is a link.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption