Can I extend my 90 day stay in Romania after I marry my Romania citizen in 6 months?

UPDATED: Apr 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I extend my 90 day stay in Romania after I marry my Romania citizen in 6 months?

I am an US citizen who is marrying a wonderful Romanian citizen in her hometown of Bucharest in 6 months. I am planning to stay there while waitign for her visa to be aprroved so she can move back to the US with me. I know without a visa I can stay 90 days maximum in Romania. How can I apply to stay there longer than 90 days. If I am married to her, shoudl I be able to be approved as long as I have enough financiual support while there and how long does that usually extend the stay past 90 days?

Asked on April 21, 2012 under Immigration Law, Oklahoma


Robert Johnston / Law Office of Robert J. Johnston Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would strongly recommend consulting with the US Embassy. Assuming there is one, which there should be.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption