Can I expunge my entire juvenile record with one petition?

UPDATED: Jul 24, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 24, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I expunge my entire juvenile record with one petition?

I am trying to get my entire juvenile case file expunged as it seems I cannot locate all of the information and the county does not seem to have all of the paperwork. Is there a way to expunge the enitre file rather than do everything individually? I have had one charge expunged already. 3 charges are are filed under same case number.

Asked on July 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Illinois


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Most states will only allow you to expunge one criminal conviction from your criminal record, however juvenile courts tend to be a little more flexible. If you have more than one juvenile conviction, I would petition the court or speak with a criminal defense attorney in your area to see if you can either expunge the rest of your juvenile convictions, or seek to seal your juvenile file from public record.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption