Can I contact my husbands ex mistress for information?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I contact my husbands ex mistress for information?

Found out my husband was cheating with a co
worker. I have wanted to confront her not in person
but via email bc I have proof of the relations texts,
videos etc and I’m trying to get the whole
Truth. Can I get in trouble if I try and contact her for
information in a non threatening way? I’m not looking
for trouble just the facts. Bc I don’t want her dragged
into my divorce proceedings if that is the path I

Asked on February 10, 2017 under Family Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Legally, any adult may attempt to contact any other adult, so long as there is no order (e.g restraining order) to the contrary. So you may do this; she, of course, may refuse to communicate; and if she does ask you to not contact her, or simply ignores the first two communications without responding, stop trying to contact her so you are not accused of stalking or harassment. Bear in mind that if she saves your communications, if you say anything damaging, even inadvertantly, it could potentially be used against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption