Can I change supervised visits

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I change supervised visits

I have supervised visits with my children, My dissolution of
marriage is pending. We have been in and out of court. My mother
is there with my supervised visits. My mother can no longer
attend the visits per work. My soon to be ex wife has to pick
whom will due the supervised visits. If she does not choose
another person to attend these visits does that mean I will not
be able to see my children?

Asked on February 26, 2018 under Family Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The particulars of your situation matters here in helping guid you but egenrally speaking, most states have people that they appoint for supervised visitation and theraputic visitation to help the parent that has the supervised visitation regain the right to see the child or children without the need for someone else to be there.  Please get legal help.  If this is a custidy issue and you have no funds the courts can generally appoint someone to help you in most states.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption