Can I be compensated for tendinitis/ bursitis resulting fro my job?

UPDATED: Jun 26, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 26, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I be compensated for tendinitis/ bursitis resulting fro my job?

My occupation is a truck driver/delivery for 8 years. I was diagnosed with tendinitis/ bursitis a month ago by a workers comp doctor. Can I be compensated for this type of injury or is this an occupational hazard? I’m not happy with the doctor’s decision to have me drive again after 20 days of light office duty as the pain only got worse. I asked the doctor to put me back on light duty only until after my 6 session of therapy is over. Request was denied. What do I do if I’m reported to go back on full duty and I’m still having pains?

Asked on June 26, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New Jersey


Jamison Mark / Mark Law Firm, LLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You are referring to a workers compensation claim.   I would suggest you make an internal claim with the job's insurance company, seeking treatment.  Hopefully the insurance company will allow you to go for some treatment to relieve the pain.   This type of injury is very difficult to prove as a compensable injury. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption