Can I as a manager of an apt complex in the state of Texas CT someone from the property?

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I as a manager of an apt complex in the state of Texas CT someone from the property?

I have a girl that rents an apt in the complex where I work. She has her baby’s daddy come over to babysit while she works. There are times that he comes over and they get into a fight and he beats her. The neighbors can hear this through the walls, as it is so loud. One day we called the police and they came out and said there is nothing that they can do. I do not want him on the property as he is causing a disturbance that the neighbors can hear. What are my options?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Texas


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If it is an issue with noise than you should send her a letter warning her about noise and disturbances being reported. Explain she cannot continue making such loud noise and remain living on the property.

I also would suggest you consult with a local attorney regarding the specifics. I am not licensed in TX but there may be a way to keep him off the property with a restraining order that he causes disturbances for others. But again I advise contacting a local attorney to see if this is an option.

Try these two things and hopefully the noise will cease

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption