Can I apply and get the E-2 investor visa as an employee of this company?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I apply and get the E-2 investor visa as an employee of this company?

I am from Turkey and I work in a Turkish company in Florida where more than 80 of the employees are both Turkish and US citizens. I’m currently working with my OPT. I’m not investing money into the company. I heard once from a lawyer saying that it is possible for me to applyget the E2 visa because I have the same citizenship where the company is from and more than 50 of the employees have both Turkish and American passports. is it true that I have a chance to get the visa thru this company ?

Asked on October 20, 2016 under Immigration Law, Florida


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

That would be more of a E1 situation and not E2.  You should inquire with the company as to whether they have done these before, and would be willing to provide the necessary documentation.  However, the E1 or E2 would not give you a green card anyway but if you are already working for the company in some legal capacity, why would you not want them to sponsor you for an employment-based green card?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption