Can **** court participants transfer to another state?

UPDATED: Apr 22, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 22, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can **** court participants transfer to another state?

My boyfriend is in **** court in OR- Klamath County, for possession of methamphetamine, it was a very small amount, it is going through diversion though as long as he completes **** court. He has done well, passed all his urine tests, and actively participated in the program. Based on this information, would it be likely for him to transfer his **** court to WA- Pierce County.

Asked on April 22, 2009 under Criminal Law, Washington


S.B.A., Member, California and Texas Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor


He's under the supervision of that particular court in Oregon and he is taking advantage of an offer from the Or court for diversion. He has to complete all terms of the Oregon court before the case can be dismissed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption