How can appeal my license suspension or get through it quicker?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can appeal my license suspension or get through it quicker?

My license has been suspended for 2 years after being pulled over for a headlight out, and Im assuming too many points. I had just finished paying at least $1,500 in previous traffic

tickets and had cleared everything to get my license, only to be told it’s suspended until the year after next. Is there some way to reinstate my license before the 2 years? I am a fulltime parent to 2 kids, full-time student and full-time employee; there is no way I can take care of my family with no license.

Note I’ve never actually been issued a

license, was waiting out my previous

suspension paid my tickets.

Asked on October 19, 2016 under General Practice, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

When your license was suspended, they would have sent you a form that told you that you have 30 days to appeal. If you did not appeal in that 30 days, then you have lost the time for your appeal to be perfected.  However, you can still apply for an occupational license.  Even though it's called an occupational license, you can ask for a license to be granted for work purposes and taking your kids to school or events.  This can be accomplished in 30 to 60 days just depending on the court's docket where you file for an occupational license.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption