Can an arbitration decision be overturned?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can an arbitration decision be overturned?

I was in an accident in March. I was at an intersection and went straight through
as the light was green, other driver coming from other direction and turned left
in front of me. My Officer gave him a citation failure to yield right of way. My
car was totaled, my insurance paid the car loan off. Now in august, arbitration
says they find me at fault. The police report is pretty cut and dry, i do not
understand how they can even think it was me. Any way to overturn this?

Asked on August 9, 2018 under Accident Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Whether you can take any further action regarding the arbitration decision depends on whether the arbitration was binding or non-binding.
If the arbitration was binding, no further action can be taken.
If the arbitration was non-binding, your recourse is a trial in this case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption