Can a person with a medical marajuana card grow it if on probation?

UPDATED: Sep 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 28, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a person with a medical marajuana card grow it if on probation?

If a person receives a felony for manufacturing marijuana, then later receives his medical card, can he it grow while on probation?

Asked on September 28, 2011 under Criminal Law, Washington


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to check to see what requirements there are or prohibitions there are in your state. In Washington, once you have your medical marijuana card, you can grow it for your own use or purchase it from a designated provider. You cannot sell the marijuana you grow. Further, the fact of having a medical marijuana card does not exclude you from federal law violations. You are still in violation of the federal law so keep that in mind when deciding what you plan to do. If you have additional questions, contact the Washington State Department of Health for information regarding the ins and outs of holding a medical marijuana card and what you need to be cognizant of when you have it in your possession.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption