Can a Mother be prosecuted if she did nothing to stop father from molesting children. According to Oklahoma law.

UPDATED: May 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a Mother be prosecuted if she did nothing to stop father from molesting children. According to Oklahoma law.

Father passed away long ago. Children grown now. Children thought mother did not know of molestations but recently found out she did and did nothing to stop it.

Asked on May 29, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It's possible, but I doubt it's likely. But any case like this would depend on all the facts, and what offense was charged, under the laws of your state.  If you're served with charges, you need competent counsel from your area, to give you sound advice.  One place to find a lawyer is our website,

In some cases like this, the molested children's mother was herself being physically abused, and was living in fear, and sometimes that has been seen as a good enough reason why the mother did nothing against her husband.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption