Can a drug test for one probation case be used as evidence in a separate probation case?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a drug test for one probation case be used as evidence in a separate probation case?

I was serving probation for failure to stop and render assistance. Subsequently, I was placed on probation for a DUI in a separate county. These probations overlapped by 2 months. During the last month of the FTRA probation I had to take a urine test that may have tested positive for alcohol. Can the results of those tests related to the failur to stop and render assistance probation be used/associated with or to the DUI probation?

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Asked on December 16, 2017 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes...anything evidence to affect punishment or violations can be used in any criminal case.  So, a drug test in one case, can there after be used in another case.  If the two probation agencies share the information, then you could be subject to revocation in both cases.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption