Can a convicted felon get there hunting rights back?

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a convicted felon get there hunting rights back?

Asked on April 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Different states have different laws with respect to a convicted felon being allowed to use a fire arm and having hunting privileges. Certain felony convictions do not prevent one from using a fire arm in certain states. Some states will allow a person who was convicted of a felony to use a fire arm and have on in his or her possess after the parole/probation period is over.

Some states require a period of time such as two years or so after the parole or probation is over for a convicted felon to possess a fire arm for hunting purposes. Some states do not allow such at all. I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorey with respect to the type of felony you were convicted of in the state of your residence for a more specific answer to your question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption