can 2 felons live together? plans on marriage and baby due in sept.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can 2 felons live together? plans on marriage and baby due in sept.

just recently transfered my felony probation from Florida to Ohio 3 months ago. my fiance’/ father of my unborn is still in Florida. He also is on felony probation. We want to make our new life together here in Ohio and want to know if we would be able to live together if he transferred here. My parole officer dosen’t seem to like me and i am fearful to ask her. What can i do??

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Then contact your public defender because the last time I checked you cannot associate with other known felons.  Soooo, you may need to get certain court waivers or approvals or risk each of your futures, including that of your unborn child.  In other words, better take care of it now before your parole officer informs child protective services to take your kid away.  It happens.

If you don't want to discuss with a public defender, try legal aid or hire a private criminal defense attorney.  Try and check his or her record at the Ohio State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption