California Car Accident Resources And Statutes
Get Legal Help Today
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Feb 16, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
Whether you want to learn more about California personal injury and car accident laws, research the applicable statutes on your own or retain a lawyer specializing in California personal injury law. You will find the resources you need right here.
California Car Accident Lawyers:
- Find an experienced California Car Accident Attorney
- Post Your Case to a California Car Accident Lawyer (it’s free, with no obligations)
- Post your auto accident question on the Free Advice Auto Accidents and Vehicle Claims forum
- Article: How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
- Discuss your case with the Advocate Law Group, top-rated California car accident law firm. [Sponsored Link]
California Car Accident Articles:
- How an Auto Accident Insurance Claim Works
- What is Your Car Accident Injury Claim Worth? Who is at Fault?
- Who is at Fault?
- Car Insurance and Auto Accidents: Are You Covered? and What You Can Expect to Recover for Property Damage in Auto Accident Cases
- Auto Accidents: Options if You’re at an Impasse with the Insurance Adjuster
- Car Accidents Involving Government-Owned Vehicles and Government Workers
- Structured Settlements
- Do I Need to Contact an Attorney After a Car Accident?
California Car Accident Resources:
California Courts Self-Help Center: Legal information and forms for the entire California Courts system, designed for use by the general public and covering free and low-cost legal help, small claims, seniors, families and children, protection from abuse, traffic, and more.
California Small Claims Court: Basic information about California small claims courts, small claims procedures, and small claims forms.
California Courts: Contact information for all California Superior Courts.
California Department of Motor Vehicles
Drivers License Address:
Drivers License Inquiries
P.O. Box 942890
Sacramento, CA 94290-0001
Vehicle Registration Address:
Vehicle Registration Operations
P.O. Box 942869
Mail Station E 254
Sacramento CA 94269-0001
California Department of Transportation: The official site for the California Department of Transportation.
California Department of Insurance: The official site for the California Department of Insurance.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: The official site for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a division of the United States Department of Transportation.
Traffic Safety Facts: Alcohol-Impaired Driving (2014 Data), compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Traffic Safety Facts: 2013 Overview, traffic accident injury and fatality statistics for the year 2013, compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
California Auto Accident and Personal Injury Laws: California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1 (Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury); California Vehicle Code § 16054.2 (Insurance Requirements); California Code of Civil Procedure § 116.221 (Small Claims Limits); California Government Code beginning with Section 900 (Claims against public entities).