Business False Documents

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Business False Documents

Bought a business on an owners contract and the business is not making the money or close to that she had on expeditures sheets. Can I get my deposit and expenses that I paid out or can not pay for last months expenses because i did no business?

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Business Law, Washington


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Before you do anything else, get the contract and all the facts (including, especially, anyehing in writing that the seller gave you before the contract) to an attorney in your area. One place you can find a qualified lawyer is our website,

It may be that the seller committed fraud, which is defined as a knowing misstatement (lie) about something that matters, where the lie was meant for you to rely on it, and you did, and because of that you've been harmed.  If you can prove that, the law in most states will often allow you to undo the contract and get your money back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption