If I’m executor of a Will, what do I need to do?

UPDATED: Apr 1, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 1, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m executor of a Will, what do I need to do?

Both of my parents are deceased. I have to prepare it to take to the County Clerk’s office to record. What is “It”? The Will, deeds, titles, etc. and what else?

Asked on April 1, 2015 under Estate Planning, Arkansas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  This can be very overwhelming I am sure.  You need to file a Probate Petition and notify those that would inherit under the Will or those that will inherit if there were no Will of the filing.  I am going to give you a link to the Arkansas Bar Association handbook but if the estate is large or complicated I would seek legal help.  Good luck. http://arkansaselderlaw.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/07/Handbook-for-Personal-Representatives.pdf

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption