Bill for ambulance at work

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Bill for ambulance at work

I fell out at work. My employer,who is state called the ambulance. Is my employer liable to pay ambulance if this happened while I was working?

Asked on October 3, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, New Jersey


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

They would only be liable to potentially pay IF the employer was at fault in causing your fall and injury, since liabilty (or paying for another's medical costs) is based on fault. If they were not at fault in your fall--e.g. you didn't fall due to some unsafe condition at work--then if you accepted the ambulence ride (you could have refused it) and therefore received the service, you will have to pay for it.
Note that even if the employer should be liable (i.e. if it was their fault), if they refuse to voluntarily pa, you'll have to have to pay EMS yourself then sue the employer for reimbursement and prove their fault in court. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption