Auto accident i was involve with other driver

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Auto accident i was involve with other driver

I had Auto insurance claim they accepted the claim and paid car expenses and
medical bills and i sign the release document. Recently i just got bill from
hospital for visits that i made related to that auto accident. Now can i ask them
to pay for the bill even though i release them from the claim.

Asked on August 25, 2017 under Accident Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

For a definitive answer, you need to review the specific language or terms of the release you signed, but the typical release will state that the payment is payment in full of all claims, now known or unknown, arising from that accident; and/or that you waive or give up the right to sue based on that accident in exchange for the payment. If the release says anything like this, then they do not have to pay these new bills: you contracted away your right to payment and to take any legal action over them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption