If I earn 2 wages, $10.30 as a receptionist and $12.00 when working as a manager, what rate should my vacation be paid?

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I earn 2 wages, $10.30 as a receptionist and $12.00 when working as a manager, what rate should my vacation be paid?

I work in 2 positions at my job. For the full year I worked 724.64 hours at $10.30 rate of pay and 285.74 hours at the $12.00 rate of pay.

Asked on August 31, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Unless otherwise set by written employment contract, it would be a blended rate based on hours worked at each rate. To oversimplify (because I am a lawyer, not an accountant): say the rates are $12.00 for role A and $16.00 for role B. Say you worked 1,500 hours at role A and 500 hours at role B during the year. Pay was 1,500 x $12 = $18,000 plus 500 x $16 = $8,000, or $26,000 for 2,000 hours. The average blended rate would be 26,000/2,000, or $13.00 per hour.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption