Arrested for DUS

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Arrested for DUS

I was pulled over by a police and arrested because I had a suspended licence. I had no idea because I was never notified. I honestly wanted to suit the DPS or at least how do I get rid of this ticket. What can I say to the judge on my court day? Would this ticket affect my insurance?

Asked on May 11, 2009 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 14 years ago | Contributor

How do you not know your license was suspended?

1. Were you previously arrested for refusing a breathalyzer?

2. Did you have a drug or alcohol conviction that included a suspended license?

3. Are you on probation?

4. Did you move and not inform anyone?

There are many unanswered questions here.  You can't sue and win on this one.  What do you need to do? Figure out why your license was suspended and either hire a lawyer or consult with one before going into court.  Was this a traffic ticket (traffic court) or did it say criminal court?

You were pulled over because you had a suspended license? That is not a reason they pull you over unless they checked your tags and found the driver was you and you had a suspended license.  Why were they following you in the first place? Erratic driving? Speeding? Passing a stop sign? 


Think about these issues and find a lawyer at

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption