Are vacational students working in mines also entitled to compensation iif they get injured while on duty?

UPDATED: Jun 18, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 18, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Are vacational students working in mines also entitled to compensation iif they get injured while on duty?

As a mining engineering student,we are required to undergo some practical training during vacation. While on duty on an underground mine i got injured and had to be send to hospital. I was on medical leave for nearly two month but i never got compensated and now its been over two years.

Asked on June 18, 2009 under Personal Injury, Virginia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to go and see an attorney immediately for a consultation.  Your facts create some issue as to your status in the mine accident but of most concern is Virginia's Statute of Limitations of 2 years for personal injury actions.  Consultation with an attorney should be free.  They may be able to help get you compensation from other sources.  You can check here at for starters. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption