Am I entitled to file and bodily injury claim against my insurance company.

UPDATED: Feb 24, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 24, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I entitled to file and bodily injury claim against my insurance company.

I was driver of single vehicle accident in which I hit a patch of ice and slid off the roadway and rolled over. No other vehicle was involved. I understand Pennsylvania is a no fault state.

Asked on February 24, 2016 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

No, your liability coverage protects *other* people from you; it does not provide you a source of compensation or coverage. You cannot make this sort of claim against yourself. There is other kinds of insurance you purchase to protect yourself against injuries: e.g. better medical insurance, to cover your expenses; disability insurance, in case you are disabled in some way; etc. But your automotive liability insurance does not do this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption