Age discrimination

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Age discrimination

Can my employer randomly select me for workforce reduction when I am within 2 years of retirement and also refuse to consider me for other posted internal jobs that I am qualified for?

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Wisconsin


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think you may have a valid age discrimination case here.  However, these cases get into a very deep level of factual detail fairly often, and you will need to discuss your situation in a lot more depth, with a qualified attorney in your area, for an accurate evaluation.  One place to find a lawyer is our website,

Don't wait to act on this.  There are some time limitations that apply, and the sooner witnesses can be contacted and facts put together, the better.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption