Accident without auto insurance.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Accident without auto insurance.

I live in North Carolina, I was involved in an
accident that was deemed at fault by me. I had
insurance on the car but it was cancelled due
to non payment which due to negligence on my
end I was in aware of. I’m more than willing to
pay for the dmanages to the car I hit just not
sure of the best course of action. I need to do
anything I can to not loose my lisence as I’m
the sole bread winner in the family. My fianc
stays at home with our child. Any help is much

Asked on October 1, 2016 under Accident Law, North Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You will be contacted by the other party's insurance company with the property damage amount to that vehicle.
At that time, you can try to settle the case by making arrangements for payment.  
If the case is not settled, you will be sued for negligence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption