Accessory to the crime in question

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Accessory to the crime in question

I have a friend and she was arrested for a crime that she did not commit. Breaking and Entering and Petty Larceny. Her brother broke into the store and stole some items but she was not aware of what was going on at the time. She thought she was just giving him a ride to the store. Her public defense tells her he can’t get it dropped i need to know what should she do. And her brother confessed to the crime explaining in two statements that it was his idea and she had nothing to do with it nor did she know what i was doing

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Criminal Law, Virginia


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

As I answered before, your friend needs to listen to her attorney, and sit tight.

The prosecutor may be waiting until your friend's brother actually enters a guilty plea in court, before they drop your friend's charges.  Prosecutors think that way!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption