about parole violation

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

about parole violation

I have a year on parole and have been running a year. I moved to a different state and had a baby. Change my life for the good. Now I’m scared to turn myself in. What are my options and do you think they will let me stay here?

Asked on April 23, 2009 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Who knows if they court and police will allow you to do what you want. You showed a great deal of irresponsibility and lack of maturity by running.  You can be charged with running.  Why would you do that? Now you have a child, too? Is it fair to your child?

Putting personal opinions aside, you better turn yourself in by first getting a private criminal defense attorney to represent you.  State to state extradition issues should make you contact someone in Massachusetts (if that is where you currently live).  Try www.attorneypages.com, the Massachusetts State Bar or Massachusetts legal aid in the county or city you live in.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption