About my future

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

About my future

I am entering the high school next year. I am 14 and really interested in becoming a lawyer. I love to argue my point. My high school offers a criminal justice program. Would this be a good program for being a lawyer? It also comes with a lot of credits to Brown University

Asked on January 31, 2017 under Business Law, Rhode Island


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Criminal justice courses would be good. Writing courses would be very useful, especially ones with persuasive or expository writing, where you have to support your writing with evidence: lawyers do a lot of writing and research. Governmental courses can be useful. Anything involving debating or oral presentations would be good, for arbitration, court, etc., so debate club, model U.N., etc. And if there is a substantive area of the law in which you are interested, classes relating to that area  (e.g. forensics for criminal law; science for patent law; etc.).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption