How can I get back my son?

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get back my son?

About 1 year ago my husband and I decided to relocate out of state with our son so we signed a 12 month lease. My husband then decided to return to our former state of residence and to never comeback here. So my son and I remained and he attended school here, has his doctor here and everything of that sort. This summer I sent my son to visit his dad but when the visitation time was up, he refused to return my son so I went to there and took my son and returned home so he could resume school. My ex-husband went to a judge and lied by saying I kidnapped my son and am about to flea the US, so an emergency ex parte custody was granted to him.

Asked on September 5, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Given the domestic issues that you have have concerning your son, husband and the ex parte custody order against you, I suggest that you immediately consult with and retain a family law attorney who practices in the county and state where the ex parte order was issued against you.

By doing this, you will at least be able to get some legal guidance from such attorney as to the best way to possibly achieve custody of your son and overturn the ex parte order in effect.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption