3 dui’s 3 different states.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

3 dui’s 3 different states.

I have just recieved my third DUI in West Palm Beach, Florida. All three of them are in different states. It has been five years between 1 and 3 but it has been 8 months between 2 and 3. What should I excpect from the state of Florida as far as punishment?

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

There is something known as the Interstate Driver's License Compact, which is an agreement between the 45 participating states to share information regarding certain types of convictions, including Drunk Driving (DUI and DWI) convictions.

Because of the Compact, if a resident of one state gets convicted of a drunk driving offense (DUI and DWI) in another state, the driver's home state will be advised. The type of action that the driver's home state will take will vary from state to state.

You should contact a DUI/DWI  attorney in West Pam Beach, Florida as soon as possible.  The attorney will be the best person to advise you of potential outcomes and your options.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption