What can I do fi a 17 year old may have had sex with my 13 year old daughter?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do fi a 17 year old may have had sex with my 13 year old daughter?

I found that a 17 year old boy snuck into my 13 year old daughters bedroom window caught on security camera says she consented to him coming in the house. When I walked in the house I found him laying on the bed fully clothed but my daughter was half naked. I did not catch them having intercourse

but if I get her tested and find out she has, can I do anything about it.

Asked on May 5, 2017 under Criminal Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can press criminal charges of statutory rape against the boy because your daughter is under the age of consent.  Since she is under the age of consent, any consent she gave for sex is not valid.  Statutory rape is a felony.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption