where can I find a copy of the state test for prop.and causality lisenceing

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Sep 26, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Downers Grove, IL

Asked on 09/26/2011

where can I find a copy of the state test for prop.and causality lisenceing need a lisense for new job and must have a state causality and property lisense where do I get info on what to study for

Answer given on September 26, 2011

You are not going to be able to find a copy of the state licensing test online or in a book or library. Usually you are expected to take classes to learn the laws and rules of insurance. Sometimes your employer will pay for the classes, and sometimes they want you to be licensed before they will hire you.You can contact the Dept of Insurance in your state to learn about where classes are available and their costs. The classes usually take a few weeks to complete and you will be given training on insurance contracts and the laws of the state. Sometimes there are some questions from earlier tests available to review, but not likely a complete test. The Dept of Insurance will often change the tests so no one can get copies of tests.Contact the insurance company or agency that you want to work for and get their assistance in the classes and training.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and FreeAdvice.com AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of FreeAdvice.com nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although FreeAdvice.com has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on AttorneyPages.com to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption