What Are Some Reasons For Canceling My Trip That Would Generally Be Covered Under Airline Trip Cancellation Coverage?
Free Insurance Quote Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
Your prepaid expenses would likely be covered by your travel insurance plan if you are prevented from taking your trip by reasons such as:
1. Sickness, injury or death to you or your traveling companion, or a close family member of you or your traveling companion
2. A strike or severe weather that causes the airline or other common carrier to stop all service for a specified period of time (often 4 days or more)
3. Fire, flood or other unforeseen event that destroys your home or your travelling companion’s home, or burglary of your home or your traveling companion’s home within a specified number of days before the start of your trip
4. Criminal assault against you or your traveling companion within a specified number of days before the start of your trip
5. Terrorist attack in a city you are scheduled to visit within a specified number of days before the trip is to begin
6. Your unavoidable requirement to appear as a witness in a court case (not involving your travelling companion), or if you must be present for jury duty, or if you are detained for other unforeseen causes such as being highjacked or subjected to a medical quarantine
7. You or your travelling companion are called to emergency military duty (usually for a national disaster but not a war)
8. You or your travelling companion are prevented from taking the trip because of a traffic accident on the way to the departure point
9. Your trip is cancelled by the travel company
You should read carefully all the provisions of the coverage to know exactly what you are buying.